My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://carrieevansphotography.com/
and update your bookmarks.

March 26, 2010

Audrey │Ottawa Kansas Photographer

I had some ideas I wanted to try out and ever since doing this shoot at a local dance studio and witnessed first hand the lovely and graceful Audrey in action, I wanted to sweet talk her into modeling for me.

It actually took me many, many months to work up the nerve to ask her. I'm just weird like that.

We had our evening shoot all planned. I love evening light above all others and could picture the whole shoot in my mind. And then the forecast called for rain. A lot of it. Boo to you, Rain. So we sent a flurry of texts to each other and arranged an impromptu session early this morning since it was the only time available to both of us.

I don't think either of us particularly likes mornings, but we were all about getting it done. Despite the promise of sunshine, clear skies and warmth, it was pretty chilly at 8-9 and I have to give Audrey kudos for donning the sleeveless prom dresses all around Ottawa....all while her teeth chattered away.

These are just the first few that I've been playing with. I'm pretty happy with them despite the fact that I was finding the morning light a bit challenging. It actually could have been the lack of sleep from the night before. Who knows.

audrey

leap like you mean it

praise His name with dancing

audrey



I guess my goal for this session was two-fold: get my creative chops going for the new portrait season and to generate some interest to anyone who might want some photos like these.

Thanks Audrey for the fun, but cold time! I'm sure I'll be bugging you again soon...when it warms up.

1 comments:

Beth said...

The last one is my fav, although the action jump shot is a very close second. Those are great! I cant' imagine teh cold, though. I'd say you're BOTH brave :)

all content copyright 2010 carrie evans photography...please don't steal. It makes me sad.
 

Modified by Vin